Originally Posted by Enrique
Can you imagine what Barak is doing to the inmates he visits? he is like a Jehova Witness, only preaches what he knows and avoids scriptures other present to him as proof that his thinking is flawed.

To tell the honest truth, the vast majority of what I preach to the inmates goes like this:

"You can use a do/while loop as an abortable straightline. As a matter of fact, that may well be its best and highest purpose."

"No, you can't change production code while the tests are green. You have to make a test red first."

"Here's how you know a line of code is covered: before the line was written, a test was red, and writing that line made the test go green. No static-analysis tool can tell you that; only self-discipline can tell you that."

"Testing only through the front door leads to an unnecessary number of tests and excessively long and difficult setup. Instead, mock where necessary and test through the side door as well. Remember, it's a unit test."

"A switch statement, or its if/else-if/else equivalent, is almost always a design smell. Write object-oriented code in an object-oriented language."

Occasionally, I'll serve on a Kairos weekend; when that happens, I generally do even less preaching. (Kairos is not about preaching, in case you weren't aware.)

This thread went downhill for me when Barak mentioned it wasn't so bad for a member of congress to be shot and a judge killed because they commit extortion on all tax payers that don't agree with them.

Not as bad as it is for innocents to be shot, no.

That is my issue and my reasoning for bickering. Everyone is Human and one of the 10 commandments says tho shall not murder. Yet its ok for some to be murdered according to Barak.

Whoa! You went from "wasn't so bad" to "ok" so fast it made me dizzy. How'd you get from A to B?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867