However, it's just as true that because you do what you do and know what you know, you could never do what I do.

Don't be too sure of that. Fact is if I get a chance to speak of Christ I do. I also make sure there is a bible provided when the inmate asks for it when I'm working the hole. But I don't let them play games, step across the line and the hammer drops, no matter who they are. When you establish reputation you can do that.

And incidentally, I have no idea whether you're a hardass thug. Some COs are; some are pretty much regular folks; and a very few have such a gift for the job that everybody loves them, from the prisoners to the volunteers to the other COs clear on up to the warden. I've met two such in my twenty-some years of volunteering. As far as I know now, you could be in any of those categories.

I think you do, I used to have the tag GarryC here. We have conversed many times about these matters.

Last edited by crosshair; 01/08/11.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.