Originally Posted by Barak
� the vast majority of what I preach to the inmates goes like this:

"You can use a do/while loop as an abortable straightline. As a matter of fact, that may well be its best and highest purpose."

"No, you can't change production code while the tests are green. You have to make a test red first."

"Here's how you know a line of code is covered: before the line was written, a test was red, and writing that line made the test go green. No static-analysis tool can tell you that; only self-discipline can tell you that."

"Testing only through the front door leads to an unnecessary number of tests and excessively long and difficult setup. Instead, mock where necessary and test through the side door as well. Remember, it's a unit test."

"A switch statement, or its if/else-if/else equivalent, is almost always a design smell. Write object-oriented code in an object-oriented language." �

I have about three dozen Bibles, in Greek, Hebrew, Latin, French, Spanish, and Dutch, as well as of course well over a dozen English versions � can't find any glimmer of that in any of 'em even with the help of a few dozens of commentaries, lexicons, encylcopedias, and contemporary peripheral works.

Not sure that I'd understand Barak's Complete Annotated Commentary on the Bible even if I had it. Too bad that the Holy Spirit ain't really Twins, as some seem to like to believe that He is. Obviously, I could use a lot more of His help.

Haven't seen my beloved old copy of Berkof's Principles of Biblical Interpretation in several years, so I've just ordered another copy. Looking forward to getting reacquainted with an old friend. Maybe that'll help.

It ain't easy bein' senile! frown

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.