Originally Posted by Penguin
He is trying to come up with a valid reason as to 'why' this unstable lunatic was justified in shooting one of OUR elected representatives.

Oh, give it a rest. Have you really seen anybody--not just me, anybody--try to justify any of the shootings, even the politicians?

Of course not.

No, in the minds of Barak and more than a few other anarchists this evil is not evil at all.

The shooter is an evil man who did an evil thing. The reasons he did it are of only academic interest. He should be handed over to his victims and their families; beyond that what happens to him should be between them and him.

And if they cannot change course then they become the enemy of self governance. Then they become MY enemy.

Lots of drama there.

My objective is self governance, although when I say it I mean "governing myself" rather than "having politicians govern me."

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867