Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
When idiots collide.

I'm going with this.

Originally Posted by antlers
What the family court system has systematically and by design done to this country is probably the worst thing that has ever been done to the people of this country.

This isn't about the court system. This is about adults failing to act responsibly in the best interest of their children. Lawyers, cops and courts can't fix that, although lawyers and cops get a lot of calls about these incidents.

I can't speak to Texas self-defense law. Around here, the castle doctrine would not apply because it took place outside. Also, it would not appear that the person shot would be covered by our "stand your ground" law because he did not appear to be lawfully present. But, it does not mean that general self-defense law would not be applicable. It may turn on whether it is reasonable to point a firearm at someone to persuade him to "get off your lawn."

I hope it was worth it for the shooter and mom. If the shooter gets jammed up bad in criminal proceedings, mom can simply move on and daddy is now dead. Of course, the "res" or objects in dispute, the children, lose big time because of 3 (or 4, stepmom wasn't helping) idiot adults.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln