Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by JeffP
I think you’re spot on. Dead guy should have left when gun came out. And much less tried to take the rifle from shooter.

But I think it also falls under, just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

Absolutely.

A legal shoot when the father tried taking the gun from the home owner and a stupid move on the fathers part to try and take the gun.

But the father wasn’t a realist threat, it sounds like the mother was playing games with visitation and that the father probably had a right to be pissed. Her boyfriend got the gun more to be an alpha than out of fear. He’ll probably dump the mom in a month and the kids left with no father over a situation that never needed to happen.

The father was a threat when he tried to take the gun, however after Kyle Carruth got away from him he had the choice not to shoot Read. I wouldn't have done it.

I would have never brought the gun out. The mother was playing games over visitation. The BF should have realized it and let them argue on the porch or told her to come inside while waiting for the police that the father had called. If it got to the point of physical assault (unlikely IMO and being brought on by the mother not having the child their to play games and inflame things) than have the gun at the ready. The BF was legal in the shoot but it was his c u n t GF egging it on and he let his ego get involved.