Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by JeffP
IDK Texas law but according to some reports, the shooters lawyer is citing “castle doctrine”.

As a side, it might be a good idea to refresh on your own state laws. Here, the shooter is going to jail.

As a side, it might be a good idea for you read our laws before you start throwing out suggestions. I cited one part of our law pertaining to when deadly force is NOT acceptable concerning theft. This situation is pure castle doctrine, which by the way in Texas, not only applies to your property but also to your car. Dude should have left after repeated warnings. Unfortunately, he got stupid and decided to walk up and go nose to nose on the porch with a home owner holding a gun. Since Lubbock does not have a Soros DA, I can't see this even getting past the grand jury.

No where did I say it wasn’t legal as castle doctrine. And even said that’s what his attorney cited. Further I said “just because you can doesn’t mean you should “.

And I also said the guy should had left, much less gone after the gun.

I'll agree with you there, this whole thing is full of colossal stupidity, but Texas law is is going to side with the homeowner.