Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Escalation of the situation by refusal to leave is not the same thing as escalating with a firearm. Walking inside to grab a gun and come back out was a mistake, plain and simple. Cops should have been called and let them sort it out. By dragging a gun into the situation, Carruth turned a verbal altercation where no violence was threatened into an armed conflict. Read should have left, Carruth should have never grabbed a gun. And Carruth deserves every charge he gets for being a [bleep] moron, and for making gun owners look like unhinged [bleep] who are just hankering to kill someone.

Your bold goes against his GOD GIVEN CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT "TO BEAR ARMS".

HE HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO OBTAIN A GUN ANYTIME HE DAMN WELL PLEASES ON PROPERTY HE IS PERMITTED ON.

Of course he has the right to grab a gun (although God has nothing to do with this conversation, so kindly stick to the facts and leave out the bearded space alien for the moment), but he's also liable to face the consequences for his decision. He grabbed the gun hoping it was a deterrent. It escalated the situation, and then he made the decision to shoot the dude dead. If Read had escalated first (and don't give me any of the bullshit about how a chest bump is in any way similar to picking up a rifle) and pulled a pistol, Carruth would have been easily, 100% in his right to shoot Read immediately. But, Carruth escalated the force involved in the situation, which was his first mistake (just cause you have the right to do it doesn't make it a good decision). Even then, that specific part would not have gotten him in trouble if it had worked to scare Read away. But, Read didn't leave, and Carruth made the decision to shoot Read when there were plenty of other options available for dealing with the situation. If Carruth had shot when Read reached for the gun, odds are good this wouldn't even be debatable. But after space has been cleared and Read is just standing on the porch 8 feet away? That's an unjustified homocide.

Exactly what the video posted above said.

I'll be honest, I couldn't read through 30 pages of this. I got through the first 3 or so, and then jumped to the end, so I'm not sure which video is posted. I've watched a handful on the situation, however, and that seems to be the general take from most functionally minded people.