Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Squidge
You're assuming the shooter was the legal property owner, it's not clear that he is.

As long as the place was his home, rented or owned he had a right to tell anyone to leave.

Number one, you don’t know WHO the phuq I voted for, so no reason to get personal.

Number two, as stated in above article, once boyfriend fired a shot from a gun that shouldn’t have been brought to a trespassing or verbal argument, in the first place, Dad may have thought he had good justification to try and disarm him.

“Once you have been told to leave the property and refuse, you are past mere trespassing.”

Nope. STILL, just trespassing, and NOT grounds for deadly force.

As CHL said, having a gun ALREADY on your person is one thing. Making a decision to go and RETRIEVE a gun (hidden behind a door you can LOCK), escalated this.

Sure I can't say for sure who you voted for but you are sure flying the leftrat flag with your current posts. As for your inability to grasp reality I see that as another lefty trait. CHL is wrong. If I tell someone to get off my porch or any property of mine I can threaten them, I can capture them and hold them for the cops. What you are pushing with classic leftist drivel is that property ownership means nothing and that is a communist viewpoint for sure. Why do you think it is OK for some blithering idiot to come on someones property raising hell and making threats then starting a physical incident? The guy should have just left. He got himself killed.

Again, show me where that was “physical” BEFORE he brought the gun out?? As for CHL, here’s a hint. You’re arguing with a guy whose screen name is “CHLinstructor”, and he lives in the state that this occurred in.

Your quote:

“If I tell someone to get off my porch or any property of mine I can threaten them, I can capture them and hold them for the cops.”

What do you get to “threaten” someone with, if they’re trespassing?? It AIN’T “deadly force”. The law doesn’t allow that. You can “detain” them??? How did that work out for the guys in the Arbery case?? MY views on “property ownership” have no play here. I’m talking about the LAW, and refusal to get off my property might pizz me off, but the LAW doesn’t allow me to go get a gun and use deadly force.

Yes or no? Was THIS anything BUT a verbal altercation and trespassing, BEFORE the boyfriend went in and got a gun?

Damn your dense, what got Chad Read killed was grabbing for the firearm second and not leaving first. You seem to have mental issues.What your saying is that owning property means nothing if someone who has no right to be there can come and go as they please. The guy getting the gun was within his rights. He was doing nothing wrong. When Read pushed him and grabbed for the gun is when things went wrong. No matter what if someone tries to take a weapon you are responsible for you have to use any possible option to keep that from happening. Beyond all of this you have to call it a master clusterfuq. Read is dead and his temper got him killed. I almost wonder if Reads wives conspired together to get him killed.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]