Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by deflave
Texas law is pretty clear on these issues and dad clearly advanced on the little guy.

Dad also verbalized that he would take the weapon from little guy and fugk him with it. Which would easily be interpreted as a threat of deadly force by most people.

Dad made two overt motions to grab the weapon. He was shot the second time.

Even if arrested and charged, Texas jury isn’t going to convict based on that video.

I don't know Texas law, and I certainly agree that dad clearly advanced on the shooter, threatened to take the weapon away from the shooter, and even attempted to take it. What I am wondering is whether Texas law authorizes a home occupant to point a firearm at a verbally irate person who does not leave his property upon the home occupant's request, because the issue of who is the aggressor could be determined based on that point rather than at the point where dad goes after the shooter. If home occupant was legally justified to point the gun, dad was the aggressor. If not, home occupant may be considered the initial aggressor for pointing the gun (ordinarily considered aggravated assault unless justifiable) and dad may have a right of self-defense which could include taking the gun away. (Dad did not step on the porch until after home occupant swung the rifle past dad.) I also agree that, at least around here, these cases are hard to get a conviction on an intentional homicide charge.

Years ago I was living in Wyoming. There was a Truck stop between Green River and Rocks Springs where a young man and his mothers boyfriend had a shoot out. Kid won and was not charged. Argument was over the man beating the young guys mother. Once you tell someone to leave your property no matter what if they do not leave they are the aggressor. None of us know what kind of man the dead guy was before his timely death.

Dead guy was clearly the aggressor, the home owner allowed the aggressor to advance right face to face which is too close, and that is what allowed the aggressor to attempt to take the weapon.

Shooter walks

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first