Originally Posted by SandBilly
I think there’s a difference between simple trespass and breaking an entering/theft.

they weren't on his property or breaking into his home.
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Even in Texas you don’t have the right to use deadly force in a simple trespassing situation. Of course, this whole deal is a lot more complicated than that. I would say there is plenty of grist for the mill as either a defense attorney or as a prosecutor.
let's see the guy in Houston when this law was first implemented, saw two guys breaking into his neighbor's house in broad daylight, and he blasted their ass, no chargers.

Both were committing felonies when they were shot. If I remember correctly he was instructed to watch his neighbors property. And he was an elderly combat vet with health issues. Politically a nightmare to try this case in Texas

The guy in this case was not. Yelling is not a felony despite what Bolshevik beta male chipmunk slayer says.

Why would the shooter have a loaded unattended carbine right by the front door with a child in the house? It’s almost if it was premeditated
I keep several loaded guns in the house my kids knew better than to mess with them, when they were young and my 9 yr old grandson also knows not to.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter