Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Oakster
Is the child custody arrangement going to play a role here. The dead man had a legal right to his child, and it was past time. He went to where the custodial parent of the house was, to pick up his child. He was in an argument over his child with the costodial parent. Could he have a right to be there under those circumstances? Could the shooter and the ex wife both be determined to escalate the situation? The ex wife was playing games and you can bet this has been long documented. The dead man was absolutely right, the child needs to be available at the said time. So he is there for the best interest of the child, outside of the home where the custodial parent lives / was at. They would not provide the child as ordered by the court. The little shooter guy escalated a non-violent situation into a violent situation with his gun. I am 100% for self defense, but this didnt have to happen and shouldnt have happened. I bet this does go to trial and he gets strung up on a lesser charge.

Do we really know if anyone, and who exactly, was playing games?????

The mom did not have the child there, and said she wanted to see him first.... even though it was past the time of pick up. The video recording of the child pick up also suggests a record of issues during child pick up. I have been in that situatuation and it was awful familiar.