I watched the video again, IMO he didn’t give the guy much chance to leave. The fact the dead guy kept talking about doing things in court suggests he viewed that as his fix rather than resorting to assault or violence. IMO it looks like the women has been a problem. This is always overlooked. I think if the real story was told the women/mother is the root of the problem.

This touches on a couple issues with the rittenhouse case. 1) don’t mess with armed people. Even if armed yourself it’s best to leave or runaway if you can. The other is provocation. They tried to say rittenhouse provoked the attack. If you provoke it’s not self defense anymore. So the question is did the armed guy provoke the attack. I could see how potentially a case could be made for that. There wasn’t an altercation until little guy got mouthy and showed a gun.

I would like to see little guy do some jail time. But I am not sure if there is a legal case for it. I would also like the mother investigated. If she withheld the kids on purpose she should lose custody.