Originally Posted by BLG
Burns, Toot,

Why is the US more "caring" about the needs of Ukraine than most other nations? What is this administration and neocons trying to hide? $56 BILLION dollars so far, and a senile president ready to send as much as needed. I would bet the amount of money combined from other nations doesn't even come close to that $56 BILLION. Here we are with a failing economy, inflation more than likely at an all time high, and we are sending pallets of money,and military hardware beyond belief, without a clue where either is going. And yet, you two continue to blather on about "doing the right thing"????

At some point in time, Putin will start really slamming Ukraine. Will he use nukes? Probably not, but escalation is going to happen.

The more sophisticated weaponry we send over there, the more likely it will be that American forces will have to be included to run it. Do you guys think there's a battalion of Uke soldiers with the where with all to competently use our weapon systems? If we send our personnel to use these weapons, wouldn't that be considered an act of war?

Putin is a "dosh", no doubt, but we can't be holding the bag when this is over.

Clyde

Clyde,

My opinion is that Putin will continue this invasion of other countries until he is stopped. Other have dreams of him be a benevolent dictaor just cleaning up a few Nazis.

He would not quit at the Dnieper River and he would not quit at the Poland-Ukraine border.

Stopping his agression in Ukraine is the best place and has the highest degree of likelyhood of keeping USA troops out of battle.

You used quotes around "doing the right thing" but I have never said that was the reason. I am being purely a pragmatist for the course of action I prefer.

Give the Ukraine weapons to stop Putin. I do think Ukraine has the technical ability to skillfully employ higher tech western weapons and I think the past weeks have proven that beyond a doubt.

Ukraine can build and run Nuclear power plants. Ukraine made the largest jets in the world.

Putin can quit anytime he wants but hoping he quits is not anything but hope.

If he chooses to escalate because Ukraine is stopping him then there is no question he would have escalated later when at a time more in his favor.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.