Originally Posted by Fubarski
Russia is preparing for a massive offensive to end this war once and for all, they will do it in the next 30 days - military observer, retired US Army Colonel Douglas McGregor

Zelensky is actually the leader now. He has an army there - nationalists who are trying to control what is left. But the truth is that the Ukrainian troops have failed – they cannot regain what they have lost. The bulk of the Russian army has been withdrawn. They've been resting and recovering for the past few weeks. They are preparing for a massive offensive to end this war once and for all. I think it's time to end this all that the Russians will do - within 30 days.

Nobody in Europe wants war with the Russians. Most of the armed forces of these countries are purely symbolic. Scenery! They haven't fought in decades. And they are definitely not ready to take the blow of the Russians. The Russian army only seemed inept, but now we see that for 150 days there has been a continuous struggle with the Ukrainian troops and their literal destruction.

So no one wants to have anything to do with this war, the Europeans are not ready to fight. I think they were following Biden's injunction that Putin's resignation should be hastened and that would cause disaster in Russia. And they believed it. Now we've got a lesson. Russia has plenty of resources, perhaps the most resource-rich country, and is not going to back down. And Putin's popularity ratings are going through the roof. After all, he defended Russia.

Great post and thanks. I would quibble only with one point. Putins army moved slowly to save the civilian population by trying to surgically strike only the Ukrainian military and Azov positions. They could easily have taken the US Military tact of severe destruction Iraq experienced.

Putin can stomp any real opposition in Ukraine in a week or so if that becomes necessary.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/22/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin