Houston, Thanks for your reply. I don’t disagree with what anything you wrote but I think you and I diverge from agreement as it applies to Putin’s end goal of this war. I do believe that he’d love to “reunify” the old Soviet satellite states but what despot doesn’t eye territory they “lost”? Crimea is merely an extension of this Ukrainian “operation” and a big part of the reason that they’re fighting over that far eastern south eastern area is what Putin wants, unassailable overland transportation routes to and from the Black Sea ports and an end to the abuse of ethnic Russians. I’ve read for years about the various reasons so many Ukrainians identify as Russians and the retribution they received because of their allegiance. If those people were truly abused because they thought of themselves as Russian then I can understand the anger by Russia. If the people in those areas overwhelmingly voted to be a part of the Russian federation and not only were their votes ignored and the results illegally set aside but the civilian population was punished for their votes then I believe there MIGHT be some justification for what Russia intended (emphasis on might).

What are your thoughts on the pervasive Nazi and occult symbolism reflected in the battalion and unit patches? The Azov battalion being the most infamous example of Nazi influence in the Ukrainian military doesn’t hide their beliefs and by all appearances they’re fully endorsed by the Ukrainian government. It would seem counterintuitive to support the Nazis in their fight against Russia simply because it’s Russia. Giving tactical, medical, advanced armament and military targeting intelligence not to mention $BILLIONS of dollars to the Nazis of Ukraine as they fight Russia does NOT sit well with me if the main reason for supporting Ukraine is simply because they were a sovereign nation that was invaded. Giving Nazis our help because the Nazis were invaded doesn’t meet the threshold as far as I’m concerned. Obviously my opinion is worth nothing and no government officials have contacted me for advice…nor am I a Russian historian. I have been reading a lot and taking advantage of the current conflict in my attempt to understand the contributing factors and historical issues that are at play in Ukraine today.

I appreciate you answering my previous questions and would be interested in your thoughts about the Nazi issue. As you know by now, at least I hope you know that I’m not looking to bait you into a pissing match, I’m interested in your perspective and even if we don’t agree on everything we can discuss these issues like adults. Thanks

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~