Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Houston…..The popularity of Bandera (sp?) with so many Ukrainians as well as the symbolism of their patches on their Ukrainian uniforms indicates that neo-Nazi ideology is alive and well in Ukraine. It stands to reason if one understands history because the Einsatzgruppen were comprised of many Ukrainians. Once they had lost the war they simply removed their uniforms and began to walk home. Losing the war does NOT mean that they suddenly found humanity or compassion and have turned from their evil ways, it means that the Nazis and their ideology was incorporated into daily life. Those Einsatzgruppen Nazis returned to Ukraine after the war and raised their children, imparting their hatred and inhumanity on their children. Those children of first generation Nazis also had children and so on and so forth but they all imparted their beliefs on their children. Those children of the original Nazis are now the leaders, commanders, politicians and soldiers that are now engaged fighting against the Russian invasion and occupation.

I don’t blame anyone, irregardless of the reason why they were invaded, for fighting tooth and nail against the invaders. Those “normal Ukrainians” are unfortunate pawns in the political games of their leaders….their lives are cheap when compared to the enormous sums of money that are being sent over for the politicians to skim and distribute. The corruption in Ukraine is beyond our comprehension, Ukraine is considered the most corrupt country in “Europe”, that “honor” is not without significant competition.

I understand, at least in the absence of actual knowledge, that taking the side of the country that’s being invaded is a default position but I don’t understand why so many Americans are blindly and without any historical context supporting the most corrupt government in Europe.

My questions to you Houston is why are you so Pro-Ukraine? Do you simply ignore the pervasive Nazi ideology espoused by the Ukrainians? Assuming that ethnic Russians in the east and in the south (Donbass, Crimea, etc) were being mistreated by their fellow “countrymen” AND assuming that the vote for independence which passed with overwhelming support (96%+) to join the Russian federation was ignored by Ukraine don’t those people have a legitimate grievance?

From the beginning of this “special military action” I have been fairly impartial. I haven’t chosen a “side” because I really don’t GAF about either the Russians or Ukrainians…. I consider them to be one and the same. My only allegiance is to THIS country and in so far as that’s concerned I would have to say that it’s the Ukrainians that are weakening and undermining our economy.

Why do you care? The Jews and Poles who lost tens of thousands to OUN-UPA do not seem to mind. Matter of fact the Poles are supporting several million Ukrainian refugees.