Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Flyfast
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by BrentD

Lots has happened since W & C you know. Rather lots.

But in the meantime, alien DNA or not, you are good with the 30 million (+/- 20 million) species evolving from this bit of alien DNA? Cool. You stand out from this crowd of antis.

No, I think that is BULLSCHIT as well. Miller-Urey notwithstanding, the entire evolution enterprise is a [bleep] fraud, it always has been.

THERE ARE NO TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS, NONE. Darwin predicted they would be found, they obstinantly refuse to turn up.

You're right a lot has been learned about the cell since the 50's, it is a LOT more complicated than even they thought at the time. This means it is even less probable/possible for mankind to have ever crawled out of the slime.

It never happened dude. You figure out what your alternative belief system should be. I already have.

There are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of transitional fossils that have been found.

So, a past curator of the British Museum is FOS? He said he didn't [bleep]' have any. I guess you had 'em hid out.

Imagine Red on the 70's show.....

"DUMBASS!"

Actually, you may want to read what Patterson actually had to say; you're apparently reading part of what he wrote, but missing the next sentence; he's actually expounding on why he won't say Archaeopteryx is the ancestor of all birds, because it might be a cousin species to Archaeopteryx.

Here's what he actually had to say on transitional fossils:
"In several animal and plant groups, enough fossils are known to bridge the wide gaps between existing types. In mammals, for example, the gap between horses, asses and zebras (genus Equus) and their closest living relatives, the rhinoceroses and tapirs, is filled by an extensive series of fossils extending back sixty-million years to a small animal, Hyracotherium, which can only be distinguished from the rhinoceros-tapir group by one or two horse-like details of the skull. There are many other examples of fossil 'missing links', such as Archaeopteryx, the Jurassic bird which links birds with dinosaurs (Fig. 45), and Ichthyostega, the late Devonian amphibian which links land vertebrates and the extinct choanate (having internal nostrils) fishes ..."

Red's on the phone. He wants to talk to you.

Murphy was an optimist.