Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Guess they are going to clone a wooly mammoth here shortly. That's pretty cool.

Can you imagine having to care for it? No one has much of an idea of their diet except for samples that were found indicating alpine type forage in their mouths and undigested in the stomachs.

I cannot imagine the clamor if it were to die as a calf though?

It would seem not-impossible that there could be very large reptile holdovers into the human era, at least enough so that they'd enter the mythology.

There is evidence that seems to support that. Some of the petroglyphs could have been stories of stories, I suppose. I've seen some petroglyphs near Dinosaur Nat'l Monument that just make ya' stand there with your mouth open. Not sure what they were trying to convey. It seems too far north for peyote, but maybe the traded for the stuff.

I've been in sea-fossil beds at above 10,000 feet in New Mexico. That'd be some flood.

It's quite an eye opener. Check out these links.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/whale-fossils-found-driest-desert-earth-154935450.html

http://www.platetectonics.com/book/page_11.asp

From the last link...

"Fossilized Sea Shells near Himalayan Peaks?
When archaeologists found the fossilized remains of ancient sea-creatures near the peaks of the Himalayas they were, understandably, puzzled. Intriguing questions were raised. Was there once an ocean or other large body of water at the top of this enormous mountain range? Unlikely.

Had the entire planet, Himalayas and all, at some point in Earth�s long history, been submerged underwater? Possibly - but highly improbable. No theory could fully explain this apparent paradox. Until the theory of plate tectonics was put forth."

Could it have been the Genesis Flood...well??? Naahhh.

ICR folks have some articles regarding rapid upheaval and tectonic plates shifting much faster due to runaway subduction of the silicate layer that explains the Genesis Flood description. In the Biblical account, there was a lot of water trapped beneath the earth's surface. When that containment ruptured, the earth flooded rapidly as well as the rain from the firmament above, which may have been foreign to folks prior to the flood. The resulting volcanic activity emitting the particulates in the air that provided the condensation nuclei to cause the firmament above to collapse seems to make some sense to me anyway.

Last edited by Steven_CO; 03/15/12. Reason: 2 of the same link

Steve