Originally Posted by BrentD
Don't know the other guys, but I know Larry.

They are in a very small minority. They are not creationists period. They are debating a relative detail of how evolution happened in this particular instance NOT whether evolution happened.

I was pretty sure they aren't creationists. Being in the minority doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong. Most scientists don't specialize in the same field as they do and so for the majority to adopt the status quo is understandable until such time something better comes along.

You might be able to help me on the question regarding the primordial soup and how life first came into existence though according to evolutionary theory. So far the answers I've rec'd are either dead silence, or God did it, which BTW, not to be a name dropper, came from TRH.

I know that single cells have been produced in the lab, but they started with DNA strands from bacteria. Here, we don't have that since the nucleic acids have to form to develop the first cell.

Questions are: 1. Where did organic matter (a.k.a. primordial soup) come from out of a mass of igneous rock and water? And 2. How did the first cell form out of that mess?

Internet searches have been nauseating on this subject.

Steve