Ringman,

Thank you for your courtious, and massive, reply. You obviously expended a good amount of time and thought and I, for one, appreciate it.

There is far too much material to digest quickly, especially since it is getting late.

As an initial impression I think debates are mainly for invigorating audiences and are, with few exceptions, a better way determine the better debater than which side of the debate is true. Since many (most?) audiences have a poor understanding of basic science the debater favoring evolution has to teach them something about the nature of science before beginning to explain complex ideas. There is usually not time for this in a debate format. The creation side has only to do a "Gish Gallop", throwing out dozens of assertions few of which could be refuted in the time allowed.

Of the authors you mention; Morris, Gish and Hamm are familiar and throughly debunked long ago. Kindell is new to me but his arguments are not. I call them vampire arguments; drive a steak through it's heart, sever it's head, stuff it with garlic, bury it at the crossroads and it will rise again with the next full moon. Don't know that I will have time to deal with all of them before this thread fades away but will take a whack at some as time allows.

Walt

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690