Originally Posted by Ringman
You must must mean John Sanford and not Jon Sanlin. Have you even read anything by John Sanford? If you had, you probably would not confused/misspell both his first and last name. Putting his writings underneath your pillow every night and thanking God for creating osmosis is not the same.

Thanks for the correction. I have had trouble spelling at least since the fourth grade.

I read his book and was fasinated by it. I especially liked the part about him saying the accumulation of mutations in humans matches the exponintial decare rate of humans' life spans from about 900 down to about 100 year life expectancy.

The idea that he is no longer respected is just like when I used to come up with ideas in rotory cutter head building. At the time the owner of a nationally known company tole me that it was not posible. And then low and behold a few month later he comes out with a news relief in the industry with my idea. being right is not always popular at the time.

It remains to be determined if Sanford is right after all....or not. I am betting it will be a whole lot less likely he is right than you were about your rotary cutter idea.

Last edited by carbon12; 03/20/12. Reason: phrase added for clarity