I think Katy can stay at the bar and finish her drink. In my Good-Little-Methodist-Boy worldview, if humans find a way to synthesize life in a test tube, it still does not answer the greater question of how something as bizarre as Life ever came to exist in this Universe. We can perhaps recreate the works of the Great Unseen Hand, but we cannot begin to pierce Why.

I think it's kind of funny: Eukarotes (all animals including humans) have only the most distant link with plants, but our closest cousins are fungi. There are a lot of folks on this forum ( not necessarily in this thread) that reaffirm this link with every posting they make.

The problem with fungus is that it is so close to us that it makes it so darn hard to kill. Anything that can kill fungus can kill a human. As a result, simple Athelete's Foot is almost impossible to cure.

As much of a good Methodist boy that I am, I still have to wonder why God caused that to be. He must have been having an off day. I'm willing to spot him that one, but it still leaves me scratching my head ( and my toes.)

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer