The problem with "religion" is that in general it/they were cooked up by less-than-stable people thousands of years ago, then codified by power-hungry opportunists into thing that SHALT NOT BE DISBELIEVED! EVER! NOT ONE BIT-ETH OF IT-ETH, VERILY AND HOW!

So basically if a person really buys into say the Bible as the literal word of God, then they are buying into a book written when the state of human knowledge was quite primitive.

Change comes hard for churches because at their core, they expect people to buy into a bunch of irrational crazytalk. This is their dilemma. Once you've got the sheep to buy in, you can't go changing the story.

Contrary to popular opinion I'm not an un-spiritual person. I've seen enough of this life to feel there is "more". But that's different than signing off on an entire package of beliefs hook line and sinker. Much different.

I'd also like to say that I don't subscribe to Darwinism as written by the dude in 1800-whatever. What I do believe is that the Earth has been around a very long time. Life has been around a very long time. Life changes and improves in a manner analogous to how a free market is supposed to work. Over an unfathomable length of time, truly unfathomable, it grew into the wildly complex, interwoven system we woke up and found ourselves in.

I don't discount the possibility of intervention(s) in the process by other being(s). But that's different than a "God"; it could be a seed meteorite; it could be green women like Kirk boned on Star Trek... it could be 10-armed insectlike space bugs... it could be beings much more subtle than that. It could be nothing at all; the application of time and very adaptable genetic codes could have gotten us here. I don't know.

I do know, it wasn't a bearded dude in the clouds 6000 years ago. That notion is frankly laughable.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!