Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Sorry, not following this in it's entirety, but, Hawk, how old was Adam when God created him? 20? 30? 40? Amd at whatever age God created him, was he [/i]Really that old[i]? Or did God "breath a soul and His image into an already adult hominid? (requiring a really, really liberal, perhaps apostate, interp).

Point is, we don't know but that God could. If He created a 40 y/o Adam could He not also have created 100 billion y/o universe at the point of creation? Certainly. He just hasn't filled in all the blanks for us.

Just musing.
I think I've been pretty clear on this. My belief is that God only created Adam in the sense that he commanded the waters to bring forth all living creatures. God being omniscient was fully cognizant that eventually this process would result in anatomically modern humans, of whom Adam would be one. I don't know at what age God breathed a soul into Adam. The Bible doesn't say.

The above is merely my effort at matching scientific knowledge with what the Bible says. I don't see them as contradicting.

That's kind of my point: the Bible isn't clear, leaving "gaps" or nonspecific language, and as you infer, on purpose (an omniscient God). Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, science (i.e., paleoanthropology, has shown that the blind are often leading the blind) is an, "infant"? Prebubescent? It is incomplete too and that is giving it the grandest of liberties. Therefore, while this is very entertaining, and interesting, it is all speculation; particularly, from the purely secular side. Again, the blind telling us the color of the landscape; the deaf describing a sonic boom..