Originally Posted by Jeff_O
There's a whole lot more than "morality" in the Bible, and much of it (and hell, some of the "morality", too) is crazytalk.

Do you believe the Bible is the literal word of God, HAJ? Every word of it?

You need to define your terms a little more for me to give you an honest answer.

I do believe it is Logos, and always accompanied with Rhema.

I will draw some flack from Christians here for this next bit, but it's just how I understand things, to date.

"Let those who have ears to hear, hear!" Tells me that His Word is a mystery to those who do not follow Him. I'd go so far that some things are a mystery to us who do. I believe that there is a reason for it. We have a natural curiosity, that He gave us, and mysteries drive us to delve deeper. Every lover desires to be pursued, why would the lover of our souls be any different?

"The wisdom of God is foolishness to men." Applies to most who have argued in this thread.

"My sheep hear my voice, and they follow it." Applies to the other half, at least some of the time. smile

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.