Why do Creationist readilty accept that Jesus used metaphors and parables during his time on earth.. but reject the notion that metaphors and parables are contained in the written word?

What metaphors and parables are you refering to?
He didn't explain why He uses metaphors such as "I AM the Way the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me," or "I AM the Bread of Life." They seem to explain themselves.

Jesus explains why he speaks in parable though,

"And He was sayng to them, 'To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God; but those who are outside get everything in parables; in order that while seeing, they may see and not perceive; and while hearing, they may hear and not understand; lest they return again and be forgiven.'"

If people are going to demand that Creationism be taught, then are they prepared for the schools to spend equal time on creation theories espoused by Hindus and Buddhists? Or those of the various Native Americans? or African Animists? Or the ancient Greeks, Norse, or Egyptians?

Where did you get the idea that people are going to demand that creation be taught? I am note inclined to have a person antaginistic to creation teaching creation in school or anywhere else; just like you would not want me teaching evolutionism.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter