Originally Posted by Torque
What I do not believe is that one species can suddenly become another. Ie. a fish to frog type evolution. The one thing that, in my opinion (since that is really all these type arguments are), is the occurrence of male/female.

No, they are much much more than opinion. They are carefully reasoned, well tested hypotheses that are backed up with multiple lines of evidence.

The evidence in the archeological record of evolution always shows great, significant leaps in morphology when presenting evidence of evolution.

Not at all. It also shows slow, changes as well. But large changes are so much more dramatic and easier to identify. Hence, they make the popular literature so much easier.

ie. much shorter/longer legs, distinct noticeable differences in skull structure, etc.
If you are speaking about hominids, you really need to review.

There are never, small gradual steps shown when trying to display real speciation. One explanation is advantageous mutations. This explanation is obviously incorrect simply based on the number of times it would have had to happen to account for the different species on the planet. This is especially true when dealing with the almost 100% infertility rate of mutants and their parent species.

You can say anything but EVERYTHING in this series of sentences is simply false. Pick up any text book. Look at any species you wish. Take dogs for instance. One species. Yet so much variation all caused by simple mutations and all capable of breeding with their parent progenitors. So, genetic variation causing HUGE amounts of phenotypic variation are easily made, all by genetic mutations. They are easily sustainable and this happens in a very short time. It comes, then, as no surprise that new species can evolve simply by accumulating more genetic mutation and eventually develop enough change that they cannot backcross to their original mutations.

If you read up - just a little - on the process of speciation in any modern textbook on the topic, you can see there gazillions of ways that this can happen and has happened. This isn't so tough to understand - if you take the time to look into it instead of simply imagining what you think is possible based on essentially no understanding of how the world works.

The occurrence of a male and female which can produce viable offspring, once again in my opinion, negates any real possibility of true, sudden evolutionary speciation.

Da? That's nonsense. I mean, it's not wrong - just as gibberish can't be wrong - it is just nonsense.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.