The older I get the less sure I am about any thing. A few things have held true however. It is more about how you take a deer (plug in your favorite critter here) than just taking one. It is more about what is fun and satisfies you than just putting meat on the ground.
<br>I don't think I am fit to tell anybody else how to have their fun as long as they observe the laws and common decency.
<br>
<br>Some find their fun by using a lazer guided bullet from the reverse slope of a hill and killing a deer way to hellengone over there.
<br>
<br>Take it the other way and there may be some who think the only way is to drop on one's neck from a tree and stab it to death with a self-chipped stone knife.
<br>It also just seems to be human nature, right or wrong, to believe that the way me and my friends do it is the only way it should be done. Much as we might try to be fair about it we kind of look down our noses at somebody who does it different.
<br>
<br>Also it seems to be that there is a powerful tendency to think that because I can't do a thing nobody else can, or should attempt to, do it either. Now when we stop to consider that we know it is wrong but it is there just the same.
<br>
<br>Hunting is a personal deal. I have never considered it to be a contest save between me and what I was hunting. It isn't between me and any body else just between me and the animal. Contests, to my way of thinking, should be on the target range not on the hunting grounds.
<br>
<br>Now the only person in this world that I have to live with is me. I don't take extra long shots on game animals because there are too many variables that I have no control over for me to be comfortable with it. Too much chance to wound and not recover and nothing I could do about it in reality.
<br>
<br>As I said I have to live with me. You have to live with you.
<br>
<br>Enough philose-- phylis-- phelisep-- BS for one morning.
<br>
<br>Selah
<br>
<br>BCR
<br>

Quando Omni Moritati