Pumpgun, nope it wasn't me talking about the guys at the range as I haven't been to a public range since my teens. However I've read enough horror stories to agree with you that there are a number of folks that shouldn't be shooting past 250 yards. However there's a good many of those folks that shouldn't be handling a gun at all. One other thing I definitely agree with is that there's a whole heap of shots missed under 100 yards that should be consider chip shots. I witnessed it more than once this year and I don't think all my hair has grown back from me pulling on it. I've shot enough to know a person can miss at just about any distance over a yard. I've missed under 100 yard shots myself, but only twice on deer. One was at around 20 yards with a very large whitetail buck moving at warp speed. I had a doe running to my right and the buck running to my left. I shot the doe at about 35 yards and she nose dived, I swung to the left and fired at the buck full well expecting him to do the same. Never happened, missed him clean, but I'm sure it wasn't by much. The guys that owned the ranch chased him around the rest of the season, nobody ever got him. The problem in this case was a fixed 6x scope. Not real conducive to point blank shooting. Big Stick has that scope now btw, and there's no love lost on my part. The other buck I missed made the mistake of giving me one more chance at just over 200 yards. Let's just say the result of my second shot landed his rack in the garage. Bottom line misses can and do take place at all kinds of ranges. However, most of us that shoot a bit, have a pretty good idea what our capabilities are. I wouldn't bet against me at 350 yards or less. I wouldn't bet against Big Stick at twice that distance. From what these long range boys speak of I wouldn't want to be their intended target at 1000 yards. Maybe "most" hunters can't hit anything past 250 yards, but those that can shouldn't be criticized or discouraged from teaching someone else how to do it. So where is this site that these long range shooters came from anyway? AFP what's the website address?

Is it Friday yet?