I love this thread. I am learning more stuff than Carter has liver pills. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Now when I want to learn that long range shooting I don't want to just piddle around with them little 7/8ths mile shots. No Sir, I want to go whole hog or none. But there is bad news to report. You can't buy an ICBM for nothing. They is all spoke for and earnest money put up.
<br>However in crusing around the old net I run across the web site of Honest Achmet's used camel emporium and tea room. He has offered to fix me up with a quad mount DShK M38/46 12.7 m/m. How bout them apples. Honest Achmet says it came off a trade in Soviet Tank in Candyjar, Aftergrandstand or somewhere like that and has been sitting in a warehouse since 92. Says it is in 95% condition and has a six months warrantee. He has some tracer and ap rounds and will throw in a spare mount if I will take the whole thing as one lot. Each gun weighs 78.5 pounds with a 42 inch barrel. No Siree bob no piking around with them little fifteen and twenty pound long range rifles for me.
<br>I am going to get the whole thing fob on an Liberian flaged freighter bound for the Gulf Coast.
<br>Boy Hi Dee, I can hardly wait. I am going to put out the word amoungst all the possums, and coons, and foxes and such and let that word filter through all the woods. Now next season I will just mount up my quad DSkH and you know there is just no missing with them things. Especially when you got an in with a Spy in the sky sattelite like I do. I won't have to worry about staying warm when it is cold or dry when it is wet or breaking in new boots or nothing. Not a worry about learning any thing about how deer live or what they eat or what kind of cover they like or the travel routes they prefer. Not for this boy. When the word gets out to all the deer all I will have to do is set on my front porch and sip hot toddys, and wait. Maybe eat a few bon-bons. Pretty soon they will all just come in to surrender. I can see it now. Marching up, little hooves stuck up in the air above their ears. Little white flags fluttering from their antlers. Be like a Wild Kingdon version of the Iraqi army in Desert Storm.
<br>I don't know if this will fully satisfy my thirst for true long range shooting though. I think I might have a line on a 280 m/m cannon. Man we are talking thirty miles here.
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati