7mmbuster
<br>Here is most of your original post, so you needn't go back to find it;
<br>"Heard from a guy on another forum about shooting deer at long range. Now, I'm thinking 400 yards. NO! 500? Hah! He's talking over 750 yards! This is a sport?!
<br>
<br>When did deer become a bullseye on an oversize benchrest range? For crying out loud. If you got these sniper fantasies, then join the freaking military!
<br>
<br>The idea of hunting is to get as close as you can, not shoot from the next county. You try to be a part of the environment, you blend in. YOU BELONG THERE. Deer are a precious natural resource, and deserve to be treated with care and respect."
<br>
<br>To start with the funny part, few who know me would suggest I grow thicker hide... I certainly had no ruffled feathers, simply making comments on someone I felt was making an emotional attack, which I agree with you was based on "ignorance and predjuidice," your words there. But there is a non-sequitur there, and I am not certain whether you are accepting the fact you were arguing solely out of emotion.
<br>
<br>You also started the ball rolling on the "precious natural resource" line of argument, which several, myself included, find a bit stilted and over-emotional. Somehow, I do not see automatic sainthood coming with a heartbeat. Tell it to the families of some of the many people being killed in the mid-west each year in deer-vehicle collisions because the various agencies allowed the "precious natural resource" to over-populate their range.
<br>
<br>I was simply pointing out that your attacks were ad hominem. You called their methods unsporting and suggested repeatedly that they did unsporting things, suggested they had wierd fantasies... you call it.
<br>
<br>No offense intended, nor taken.
<br>art
<br>

Last edited by Sitka deer; 02/25/02.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.