Darryl. I did not live in Renovo, Just hunted there. From Driftwood down to Hiner Run. In the early 50's a nieghbor of ours moved to Renovo to run the YMCA which catered to the railroad people then. His name was Leroy Good. wife's name was Clara. Both Gone now, but he had three daughters, Patty, Donna, Kaye. I think Patty lives down the river towards Coultersport Her husband's name is Pete, but I don't know the last name. She must be about 65 now. Donna still lives in the area.I don't know where Kaye is.
<br>
<br>My name is Vince Mautino. I grew up near Monongahela in SW PA . My Folks, brother, daughter and son live in that area now. I live in Colorado Springs.
<br>
<br>My last deer in PA was the day I graduated from Penn state. We had gone to Renovo to say good by to Leroy and family and stay overnight. The next day we took the road over the mountains to State College. Along the way, a doe jumped off a bank on the opposite side of the road, cleared the far lane and landed on the hood of my 56 chevy.
<br>
<br>I hunted the FlatTops Wilderness area NE\of Glenwood fro about 15 years. Had arun where I took 8 bulls in 8 years plus one in Canada. It got too crowed there with outfitters and I moved to the Gunnison area.
<br>
<br>I'm pretty well gimped up now and would ahve to quit if it weren't for my mules. but I still take an elk every year. Maybe two this coming year. I eat one whole elk a year myself.
<br>
<br>See, we might disagree on hunting methods, but we all have someting in commom.I shoot all my elk within 50 yards usually. I think the furthest was 150, and the one in Canada was about 325 yds

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles