Posted by 7mmbuster,
<br>"I myself do mostly still hunting, or by setting in ambush at a spot I know to be frequently used". What kind of sportsmanship is that if you are going to sit at a frequented spot, and ambush them..Jeez it almost sounds unethical:)Sounds like you are going into their living room. Does not sound like you are giving the deer a chance.
<br>Joking aside, I know quite a few marksman, and have no problem with them shooting longrange. It is all in the skill of the shooter to make that judgement, not you or I..There are a bunch iof things hunters do that could be considered unethical.Shooting past 35yds with a bow..Just shotting a compound is grounds for being unethical.Front stuffers using the in-line setup.I will guarantee you there are far fewer deer wounded by longrange shooters that know what they are doing, than some dumbass that shoot a box of shells, and says lets go hunting, shoots the deer in the gut,at 100yds and then blames the rifl. All this talk just ends up pissing me off, because you have no freaking idea how I shoot, how much I shoot, and how well I shoot it. Nor do I have the same info about you..Until someone tells me to quit making these long range killing shots, I think I will continue....I really do not know why you are grunting about longrange shooters, when you could have a lot more fun with the longrange bowhunters, and muzzleloaders. We could just bitch about them for hours...
<br>In closing I do not care if you hunt with a knife, bow, gun.I do not care if you shoot from 1"-1000yds, as long as you have practiced,and have the right equipment...DO IT!