Good mourning.
<br>
<br>Big Stick, the 300ultra is mostly stock,except for a Mcmillen stock and a little trueing of the action.My group and I shoot either off bi-pods or sometimes off a bench.
<br>
<br>We hunt with all legal means.
<br>I average 4 to 6 deer a year with a bow,I only got two this year though.I stalked and killed two bucks with my muzzle loader,one at 35 yards the other I snuck to withen 12yds when it got out of its bed and walked to me.I shot him at nine feet.
<br>I love to hunt with every weopon there is and killed a lot of deer but it started to get to easy with a rifle,so I started to hunt LR.Most of us hunt by other means,but when it comes to rifle season were longranging it.
<br>
<br>Of the 17,000 rounds fired last year about 10,000 were 22lr,223rem, and 308.But they where all fired at LR.Out to 400yds for the 22lr,800 for the 223 and 308.About 5,000 in pistols and the other rounds where our LR guns,300win,30-06,270win,and 300ultra.I have about 600 shots through my Ultra and I will probably get 800 or before I rebarrel.
<br>
<br>Shooting was the best part about the millitary.
<br>
<br>I useualy get 11 to 12in 5 shot groups.But you have to relize that shooting a 10in group at LR is different than hitting that 10in target with one or to shots.
<br>
<br>I cant remember who it was that said that just shooting was easy and anybody with our equipment could shoot like we do.There right for the most part.THE SPOTTER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN LONGRANGE.Give me a week with the proper stuff and I could teach most hunters how to be a good shooter.But it takes a looong time for someone to become a good spotter.They give you the comeups for your scope,call your hits (and misses),watches the animal and guides you to the animal wonce its down.They are useualy the most expeirenced person.

Last edited by SEALSNIPER; 02/27/02.