I hunt with some of the most experienced marksman in the world, they are complete professionals. I have never seen a wounded animal, and if there was, there would be no question as to followup. None of them take a step backward to make it further than necesssary..Ethics has NOTHING to do with how far you shoot, but has everything to do with the way you approach a hunt. I do not know ANY longrange hunters that do not fail to have the best equipment, and they practice all year.. The guys you talk about shooting longrange, are not hunters they are hacks that try to shoot at longrange.. They would be no better off at 100yds, than 600yds..They do not practice, and have little respect for their quarry. One thing I have learned that if you are hunting true trophy class animals, you will very rarely get close to them, they have their circle of safety, and they know it very well, if one of these animals bust you, you are very unlikely to see them again...You might only get one shot, and it might be 500-600yds or further, and you had better hit with the first, or you will not see them again. The guys I hunt with know where these animals are, and have scouted all year, and will hump however far they need to to get there, and I can tell you, they are not going to take many chances that leave that animal on the side of the hill. I am a man of modest means, but when I go into the field, I absolutely have the finest eqipment to do the job. I have a 9lb David Miller marksman, and 15X56 swarovski's, and I am ordering the new swarovski spotting scope soon..and I practice year round So as you see, I do not have a 25lb bench rifle to carry anywhere..I simply have no patience for anyone to tell me how far is too far, when they have absolutely no idea what I am capable of, or what my intentions are. I just got off a Oryx hunt with Art, and the day we got there, the warden told us that the day before they had 11 animals lost out of 25 hunters. These were not longrange hunters, they were just everyday guys that keep there shots short, because on this hunt you very rarely shoot over 200yds.Now you tell me who the unethical group is..The guys that shoot outwards of 900yds, and do not lose an animal, or the ones that keep there shots to 200yds, but still can't shoot, and lose 11 freaking Oryx.. Rant Over..
<br>