Need One
<br>
<br>That's exactly why we are trying to educate those to the sport so they DON"T try it without the proper equipment and "lots" of practice.
<br>
<br>I agree, the hunter should NOT grab his sporter deer rifle and try this. The factory Sendaros, larados and such are the MINIMUM to use for this type shooting unless the person is WELL trained.
<br>
<br>
<br>Like I mentioned before, just because a person can walk into his gun shop and buy a longrange rifle with a LR scope on does NOT make him a LR hunter. This person needs to have lots of practice and understand ballistics and what that rifle is capable of. He must know what the change of impact is when he turns his scope turrets to make a longer shot. He must know what the impact change is at every 100 yards of distance he plans to shoot. Most hunters know nothing about this. He must be a good reloader and use the highest BC bullet available for his caliber. He also must practice year round to perfect that skill.
<br>
<br>This is the reason we are here, just to answer questions from those who want to know how it's done. A few like yourself are not interested but, there are many here, at least the majority, who are very interested from the way it sounds.
<br>
<br>I get emails all the time asking questions. Why not answer them on a fine forum such as this and others also???? The sport has been very POPULAR for years and is getting more so now. Those of us who have been doing this for years can certainly contribute valuable information to the person wanting to get into it.
<br>
<br>To each his own.
<br>
<br>Darryl Cassel
<br>
<br>As an add on, One of the longrange rifles I happen to have is one of the MOST powerfull there is. I am able to make extreme longrange shots with it and have. The normal longrange rifle will NEVER be able to accomplish what my large rifle has and should never be attemted unless that person has equal power and knows how to use it. A Sendaro or Larado such as a 300 Win mag or 300 Ultra mag with good reloaded ammo and high BC bullets of heavy weight are certainly good enough for 1000 yard killing on game such as deer and elk IF THE PERSON PRACTICES A LOT.
<br>There are no monitary limits a person can put on a sport if he REALLY enjoys it.
<br>He will find a way to purchase what is needed sooner or later.
<br>
<br>
<br>