Darryl, When I was in my early teens , we had one of the $1, 99 year leases on a hunting camp in from Medix Run. When Curtis Wright took it over for testing, we lost it. The area was abandoned I guess, as you can now get back into it, and my brother has found the old foundation.
<br>
<br>Here in CO , they tried the point restriction on deer an it did not work, the same in a few other western states. The problem is that it puts pressure on the bigger bucks when the hunting season is in rut or sometimes even pre rut and breeding is affected. What has finally worked is going to a draw only hunt and limiting the buck tags, allowing more to mature before they are killed off. After about 15 years of poor deer hunting, we are just starting to see better and more bucks since this was instituted two years ago.
<br>
<br>As for the elk, many people tried to convince the RMEF not to reintroduce elk into such areas as they have been . I understand the potatoe farmers up there are having a time of it. 25 elk aren't bad, 750, your'e talking a lot of distruction. At first people think they are nice to have around and then find out they are a lot worse than deer

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles