Just a few observations on this wrangle. I have been to Bodines and watched them shoot. For anyone that has never been to a 1000yd BR competition, you wouldn't believe it without seeing it. I know a few folks that shoot there, but none of these fellers that are posting here. When Alex Wardrop was still building rifles he did a few small jobs for me. Alex once built me an economy rodent/deer thumper in 25-06, on my FN M98 action, that should've cost three times as much, if accuracy was the criteria for payment. I believe he was involved in your sport some years back.
<br>
<br>One of you should've pointed out that the 3.151" record is for 10 shots, not 5 as it is in several other record groups one sees jabbered about. I have an old bud that builds longrange varminters which are essentially 1000yd BR guns. Don't think he competes much at Bodines, but I believe he still belongs to the club. Lives in Potter County, lives to vaporize woodchucks. Drives the world's ugliest black GMC truck in existence, so you may know him on sight. I have seen him liquify woodchucks at close to a 1000yds and bury quite a few more in dirt at well beyond that distance. He's an old buddy of Frank "Ballon-arse" Webber.
<br>
<br>I have used some of the gear these folks have talked about: Bushnells in the brackets, Barr & Stroud optical range finder (which I thought were Canadian WWI artillery in origin) and have seen the wash of the bullet in humid air, at over a 1000yds, on it's way towards a rodent.
<br>Folks whose experience with rifles runs mainly to offhand shots with deer rifles and varminting from a Harris bipod with 220 Swifts have no idea what's involved in the LR stuff these birds are talking about.
<br>
<br>I hunt in Tioga County myself. Don't quite agree with the comments about our PA deer management, but to each their own.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.