Long range naa, short range is the way to go, and its harder to get that close. Try taking a deer right under the stand, you'll probably miss it with that long range rig that some pro-staffer talked you in to buying. Now I suspect that there is a place for long range hunting for expert shooters, you get good at what you practice. 111 deer ago I said to myself, Im starting to learn something here. About 300 yards is about max, for a sure killing shot, anything further should be avoided by all as wind plays a factor. A good military sniper can make a head shot at 400 yards, after that they dont care where they hit on the target as long as it is out of commition. Deer are different as you must execute a humane shot in a vital area. A good police chief would never allow a precision sniper shot on a bad guy beyound 100 yards to turn him off.
<br>
<br>Its nice to own a Beanfield rifle but be careful how you use it. i know one guy that watched a big buck at the edge of a field wishing he had a long range rifle to shoot 500 yards. So I walked the 500 yards and 50 yards more back in the woods, set up a tree stand and nailed the buck, at 20 yards under the stand, thats called hunting. On the other hand I have done a lot of long range shooting, at targets, thats why I don't shoot at deer that far away, targets don't run off and die wounded. Come to think of it I don't Bow hunt for the same reason.
<br>
<br>