Art, Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I acted on emotion. Like I said I was raised on venison through some tuff times, and was taught to value the meat and the animal. Hence I tend to get emotional if I think someone is just blasting away without any thought other than maybe getting the first one to fall down.
<br>
<br>I thought I was dealing with another like those I refered to working with. There are a couple at my workplace who claim to have killed deer at over 800 yrds. One with a .243!!! These jokers do very little walking there, so I seriously doubt that they'll walk 800 yrds to follow up a shot.
<br>
<br>After reading how these guys do it, I'm willing to admit I acted on ignorance and emotion. Now that I know a little more about it, I must admit I'm a little intrigued by it. I'm not ready accept it as hunting, but the shooting part has me curious.
<br>
<br>As for those killed in deer/vehicle collisions, now who is bringing in an emotional arguement? I could be wrong, but I'd wager PA has nearly as many such incedents as any other state. Definately more than most. As for that, I think the driver has alot to do with it. There are plenty of deer hit on my road every year, but I have yet to come close. SLOW THE HELL DOWN if you think there's a possibility of hitting them. Ther are some collisions that are unavoidable, thats true, deer have a habit of coming out of nowhere, but around here, If you slow down to a breakneck speed, you can avoid most of them.
<br>
<br>Now that I admited I acted Rashly, would you mind telling me just what in the world "non-sequitur" and "ad hominem" mean?[Linked Image] Them's some big $20 words, and I got a 12th grade education and a back-breaking blue collar job!
<br>7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden