AFP, Boyd,
<br>
<br>I am glad to see you guys posting about long range HUNTING. I am no where near your league, I am a mere piker compared to the both of you. Maybe, one day I will cleanly kill a deer at 1000 plus yards, I can hope anyhow.
<br>
<br>So far my best kill is 420 yards on whitetails (3 in the past 3 years). I do have my 300 win mag worked out to 650 yards and I use 180gr BT's at 3180 FPS with a 27 1/2" barrel. I know this is a POP GUN compared to what you guys use, but I am getting there, slowly but surely.
<br>
<br>AFP - I did enjoy reading your assesment of a deer being shot at 100 yards, that MUZZLE blast scares the living hell of of that deer, off he goes.
<br>
<br>I have seen deer look around at a shot of 300 plus yards. The noise is so far away and often times it is difficult to tell which direction the shot came from. This is one HUGE advantage of shooting deer at extended ranges, the noise simply doesn't scare the living hell out of them. You are quite right, they DO act/react quite different when shot at 100 yards versus at long range.
<br>
<br>I have killed plenty of deer at less then 100 yards. For those that say, you aren't a hunter if you can't get closer,,,,,,,well, I just laugh at that, lol. I decided of my own free will to go the longer range route. I do shake like a dog [bleep] razor blades so I have limited myself to 650 yards, thus far.
<br>
<br>I applaud your efforts and the dedication it must take to be capable of cleanly killing deer to 1000 plus yards. My hat is off to you.
<br>
<br>For those that don't beleive you or THINK in their narrow minds that you aren't hunting,,,,,,,let em think whatever they want. It's to bad that such narrow minded people exhist.
<br>
<br>Good Hunting ---------at long range.
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove