Hello Big Hunter and Cazador and Kodiak
<br>
<br>Big Hunter---- the MK will expand at that range (2000 yards) and a bit further without a problem. We have killed probably 25 elk now at ranges that are unbelievable and have only recovered two bullets that did not penetrate all the way through and they were just on the far side and just under the hide. Both were mushroomed perfectly with about half of the core left and the jacket peeled back the way you would want to see a bullet expand. The exit holes on all the kills were very large and some penetrated one or both shoulders. When hit behind the shoulder slightly, the exit holes are the size of a grapefruit to that of a vollyball. We have killed one elk at 500 yards, The rest were all over 1100 Yds.
<br>
<br>Cazador
<br>In north central PA, with all the doe permits that have been given out over the years, your lucky to see a deer for the most part in our area. I remember seeing herds of 50 and 60 go by me back in the 60s. Nice bucks were everywhere. Lots of Doe too.
<br>Now the game commision and Gary Alt wants you to believe that to kill as many doe as possible will really bring the herd back? This is nonsense and the city hunters are buying it because they can go kill more deer now.
<br>We live in the area and see what is there and whats coming to the feeders on our land. I have been in this area for 40 years and seeing the herd reduced because of Money hungry State Government legislative bodies, is sickening. They are pressured by the State Forrest because the deer eat the small buds of young seedlings and stop the growth of that tree. No future growth of trees so, that means less money to the State from log sales.
<br>Now comes the Insurance companies. They are pressuring the polititions in Harrisburg to lower the herd because of deer, car claims. No doubt payoffs going on too.
<br>
<br>We the hunters will suffer in the long run. It's hurting the economy in the small mountain towns right now and has been for a few years now.
<br>Talk about keeping a young hunter away from hunting. How many of todays youth will go out hunting and freeze his rear end off and NOT see a deer all day? This is happening in our area.
<br>
<br>If anything turns him away from hunting it will be because of the absence of deer, buck or doe.
<br>
<br>That's what's happening in the Northern counties of PA.
<br>There's counties that need the doe thinned out but not our area.
<br>
<br>Kodiak---Your in a different situation by far in your area. However, I have a friend in Delta Junction AK that is a LR hunter and he goes in and is dropped off by Helicoptor and stays there for weeks on end.
<br>
<br>Have a good one---
<br>
<br>I hate hot dogs now. I'll bring marshmellows next time.
<br>
<br>Darryl