Boyd, What for cannon are you using on these "targets"? What is the velocity remaining at that range? How can a shot in the guts at that distance be more lethal than one at 100 yards or so? I've seen gutshot deer go a 1/2 a mile before they lay down, and travel several miles when pushed.
<br>
<br>I can't believe a Matchking is deadlier at 1000 yards than a hunting bullet at 100 yards. A shot in the guts is a long day tracking, regardless of the range or bullet. And the slightest puff of breeze at that distance will put a bullet there instead of the vitals. You're lying to yourself if you believe otherwise.
<br>
<br>Gene makes some very good points that I hadn't considered. But this is where we disagree. Those are NOT targets, they are God's creatures and as such deserve some respect. And just because it's OK for some clown to cripple and loose them at short range, that in no way justifies taking such chances at longer ranges. I have no doubt that you are a very good shot, but it still isn't hunting by my definitoin.
<br>7mm

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 02/24/02.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden