Interesting thread. For me personally even more so since I try and vist Mr. Hart at his shop at least twice a year. I think people would be surprised to learn how much the military and others have learned from the boys up Willamsport way. They have pioneered much of the long range shooting. This covers not just the techonogly but everything from ranging, wind reading and tactics.
<br>
<br>I personally have never even attempted to shoot a game animal at 200yrds. My longest shot in over 30 years is apx 180 yrds and is one of only two beyond 100 yrds. This has to do with the way I hunt. Even when I lived in Montana I never shot anything beyond 60yrds and this included the prarie goats. I do not find long range hunting inherently wrong. What I do find wrong is when the game is not treated in an ethical and humane manner, be it 10 feet or 1000 meters. If you can hunt them with respect and humanely and do not violate any laws, there should be room for you in the hunting fields.
<br>
<br>I am a realist when it comes to people, and realize that someone will complain no matter what it is you do. Life is to short to worry about those people. In the end the only person you really have to live with is yourself. At my age I doubt that I will take up any long range stuff, even paper. As I get older I am finding a foundness for the levers and straight walled cases. I am seriously thinking of starting to cast my own and shooting them. The reason is I seem to find joy using the older rounds and rifles from ganddads days. Does this make my way better or worse then another. NO. But for me it brings joy and fun and I like the venision also, and in my mind only it seems to taste better somehome.

..pick..