Need One
<br>
<br>Lets you and I understand something here, I don't sell BS to anyone, only the truth as to what we do and have done. We as LR hunters are only trying to share our experiances so the newbies coming into LR hunting will understand and do it correctly.
<br>
<br>I also mentioned our way is not for everyone because most hunters as, you mentioned, are only trying to make ends meet and save for the next hunting season and don't have the kind of funding to have the equipment most of us "dedicated" LR hunters have. We didn't buy all of it over night.
<br>
<br>As far as a three legged elk is concerned, it probably got that way from a short range shooter who did not place his shot well and maybe while that elk was running away?
<br>
<br>We don't shoot at running animals EVER. Even if we miss that first shot, the animal does not relate fear to it as he only heard a little noise from the bullet impacting on the ground. They never heard the noise from the muzzle blast at the distance we are set up and don't relate danger to the slight impact noise from the bullet. We have actualy watched deer and elk walk over and stick their nose in the impact hole because there was dust still coming out of the ground. Maybe the bullet just went over his back. We Take off a couple clicks of elevation maybe make a windage adjustment and the next shot he is DEAD.
<br>
<br>As far as teaching youngsters to hunt and shoot, you would be surprised as to how many Juniors we have competing at Williamsport that also LR hunt with their Fathers and Grandfathers so they can learn the correct way to do it. We have 227 Average shooters at every 1000 yard match. Lots of Junior shooters.
<br>As far as bullet energy at 1000 yards and beyond, I explained that in an earlier post.
<br>
<br>People such as yourself may never accept LR hunting but, you should get use to it as the popularity is gaining rapidly even in the young hunters.
<br>
<br>I think the miss shot explanation also answered Muley Stalkers question.
<br>MS--With our Bigeyes, we can see the bullet impact right into the animal and that's a fact. If there is ever a doubt, we go the extra mile and go over to see. We normally DON"T take a shot we are not sure of though.
<br>
<br>If you guys are still in doubt, please buy the Video I mentioned in the long post. It will answer any question or doubt you may have. Butch captured the vapor trail of the bullet going right into the animals.
<br>
<br>Longrange is here to stay.
<br>To each his own way of hunting---Live and let live.
<br>Later
<br>DC