Boyd, You ask for my answers to your questions. I don't use a tree stand, I don't sit and wait for game, I don't use elk bugles, mechanical or electrical calls. In my estimation , hunting is having the skill to close in on wanted game as close as possible. All my hunting is stalking. I don't sit in meadows or on ridges. First light, I hit the heavy timber and slowly and quietly approach. elk. Now you can rationalize all you want, but the only skill it takes is the skill of shooting and spending money. Which I will give you is not easily. I have shot many 600 yd matches myself with service rifles. Your kind of so called hunting is no better than the people who run all over the hills on ATVs with no regard to other people in the field and are too lazy to get off thier butts and work for the game they take. AT 1000 yds , how can you tell if there is another hunter in the timber behind the game, already stalking it, or wouldn't you care? As I said in my previous post, I don't care if you do it or not, it's legal. But if it was right, you wouldn't get so much flack on it here, nor would you defend it so much. I welcome all the newbies that came over here to post on this subject. Just seems that you had to go off and find someone who would support you and asked them to lend a hand.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles