Hey Saddleburr:
<br>
<br>You wrote: "Given enough money, we could all buy the asme equipment, and most could do the same thing. Maybe you won't say they are not welcome here, but I will. In my world there is no place for this type of killing."
<br>
<br>Well, I dunno, I consider myself a pretty good shot and I shoot fairly regularly at 500 meters but killing a deer regularly at twice that distance and more is quite a feat IMO. I'm not necessarily saying I couldn't do it, but I can say that lots of people can't. For instance the Varmint Hunters Association which has quite a few members keeps a list of varmint hunters with confirmed kills at varying distances, 500 yards being the closest as I recall, at any rate, the number of hunters with confirmed kills drops off dramatically at 1000 yards and becomes positively minimal at 1500. Last time I checked the longest confiremed kill to date was 3120 yards. as I recall. So it ain't all that easy with the best of equipment. Judging the wind is the critical component I believe, given that you have to laser the distances.
<br>
<br>Now, I don't know who made you the judge of who should be welcome around this fireplace but as far as I am concerned any hunter or shooter of good will is welcome and these guys are welcome around any campfire that I have. Tell me, in your world is a dead deer somehow different because it was killed at closer ranges? Last time I checked in mine, dead is dead.
<br>

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq