Dc,
<br>
<br>I guess I am just impressed by the way you tactfully and methodically spell out the facts and truths of this sport. I tend to get a little emotional when I feel some of us get attact. ( WHO me.... ;-) ) I try to walk away from the keyboard and come back but it doesn't always happen.
<br>I'm not blowing sunshine up you a$$ ..... but your one of the best spokesmen of this sport. You have enough expierience and time in the trenches that most can't argue with.
<br>
<br>I wish I would have learned the "DOD" ( disciplines of Darryl ) haaaa I still kill me... at a much younger age, I was always interested in the l o n g r a n g e stuff but I never had a teacher.... I would love to be able to inform and teach ... but I lack the expierience...
<br>
<br>As far as my new toy.. I had a deal with a guy awhile back that came together at the last minute...
<br>
<br>It's gonna be a 6.5/284 this year.... besides I need ALOT more trigger time before I go past 1K....
<br>
<br>Next year ( if all goes well ) will be the 300 Ultra.. maybe they will have the good brass available then.
<br>
<br>Here's the specs on her....
<br>
<br>28" Hart barrel
<br>8 twist # 5 contour fluted
<br>winchester mod. 70 long action
<br>Jewel HVR trigger
<br>McMillan M40A1 stock ( woodland camo )
<br>bead blast all metal and teflon coat it...
<br>
<br>The smith is cutting the chamber for Lapua brass.
<br>
<br>
<br>what ya think?????
<br>
<br>
<br>