DC, -- A question, No flame or flack, you or one of the LR shooters stated if the first shot misses sometimes the deer will go over to the spot and smell the dust from the spot. Well, with all your rangefinders, charts, big eyes, why didn't that first shot kill?? It could have wounded!!! The animal moved and you talk about doing the click thing and having a dead deer. Balononononey. None of your clan ever wounded a deer, I can't believe that. You and I know it is impossible to physically hold a rifle steady enough to even shoot close at a 1000 yards. One of these young shooters with fresh eyes can line up a 30 pound rifle sight laying on bags and do the same thing you are doing. The real skill is in the loading of the ammo, quality componets, building the rifle and it's care, and knowing how set it up for the shot. That's what I am interested in, not shooting at a living thing as target, to me that's foolish, when it's not needed and you know that also, if you are the hunter you claim to be. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!